Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

All power door locks have failed Both the fob and the switch

Customer Question

All power door locks have failed Both the fob and the switch in drivers door quit.All at the same time.When activated there is a clicking noise at the fuse panel on passenger floor box.It is a 2007 impala
JA: How old is the vehicle's battery?
Customer: 6 mo
JA: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuse-fine.Like I said when fob or door switch is used you can hear a relay at the fuse box.I removed the computer under dash on drivers side-replaced with a used one with exact same part number-no change
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there anyone out there?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1-check the master switch driver side with a test light is power coming to it ,and is there power coming out of it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will be this evening before I can-My wife is in it

ok sounds good I m online till late tonight around 11 pm.

so just reply back here and we can continue,

if not tonight, the rest of the week i m online from 10 am till late daily

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hey-how are you doing.I apologize for the delay.I did check for power at he switch.There is power going in and out of it.After doing some more checking online with cars with similar problems-I have ordered a power lock receiver and antennae.I replaced the body control module -no change.Will get back to you after I install the receiver and antennae.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

no worries , ok sounds good

thank you for replying back o me

good luck , hope it works

Chad