Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Brakes in front sticking on some time and when I go in to

Customer Question

brakes in front sticking on some time and when I go in to stores and come out it might be off
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: 80 000+
JA: Are you fixing your 80 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the front caq
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ireplaced the front calipers and brack hoses
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If this is both front brakes that are engaging and staying engaged and the calipers have been replaced this fault is caused by the master cylinder itself.This master cylinder has cups/seals in it that when the brakes are applied push fluid through the system to apply the front brakes.Then when the brakes are release the cups/seals pull back and release the brake pressure which in turn releases the brakes.What happens is these cups/seals swell over time or with the incorrect brake fluid used and cause the brakes to stick on like this here until the vehicle sits and the cups/seals slowly release to allow fluid pressure release.This is a common fault I have run into and in most cases is due to either fluid contamination or incorrect type of fluid used but can also fail on its own with the master cylinder needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete