Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

When you look through the gap between the hood and grille of

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, when you look through the gap between the hood and grille of my 2013 Malibu, you will see some screws that are rusted. Do you know the screws/bolts I'm talking about ?
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I called the dealer. They want $21.63 PER SCREW. Is that reasonable? They just hold down the plastic piece on either side of the locking mechanism of the hood. They have domes on them and they are Torx.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We're good, thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

$21 per screw is pretty insane price but with these types of parts there is no way to get around paying top dollar for OEM screws. I'd recommend removing a screw and buying one similar size from parts store for about 20 cents each. They probably won't have the torx but that won't matter. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.