GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

On my 2004 suburban the radio was not shutting off when i

Customer Question

On my 2004 suburban the radio was not shutting off when i leave the car, so i would shut the radio off by hand. I dont drive it much so over time i discovered that the dash lites would stay on at night when i get out. So i go to passenger side and open/shut door and they go out. I have now noticed that the dome light came on late after getting in the drivers side this evening. I was suspicious of the dome light switch. if it is faulty will it also affect radio and dash lights? also where is it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like the driver door ajar switch is acting up. It has a circuit that tells the body control module to turn off all of the interior accessories once the driver door is opened after the key is turned off. Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

I just wanted to check whether you still need help with this.