Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

2007 cobalt 2.2 wouldn't start last night next day it did

Customer Question

2007 cobalt 2.2 wouldn't start last night next day it did got it home started again then it didn't. took t osears for new battery never started again they said anit theft wasn't reconizing the key but I believe there wrong I went t oresset it but the anti theft symbol goes away in a few seconds so I cant wait the ten min then it goes out be cause it goes out in a few seconds
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

i agree with you that it is proofing out when light goes out after few secs from inserting the key and turning to on or start position light goes out correct like it supposed to .

do you have one or 2 keys for it ?

if they told the key not recognized , how did they ,since the light going out did they scan it ,what were the fault codes ?]

at time of no start ,does engine turn over and no start or it want even crank ?

fuses & relays for starter been checked ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat