GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My grandsons 97 k1500 will not start .it has spark at plug

Customer Question

my grandsons 97 k1500 will not start .it has spark at plug and has fuel pressure. he tried starter fluid and still wouldnt start. would a sensor somewhere keep it from starting even tho it has spark and fuel
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

If you have fire at the plugs and fuel it should start. At least for a moment if you spray starting fluid into the intake. Whet happened to start this problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

turned it off last night. went out to start today and wouldnt start. my grandson lives away from me so im getting my info second hand.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

new info. he said it quit on him last night and it felt like it was losing power after he recranked it and drove it home it has a fairly new fuel pump but he has no way of checking pressure.

Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

I am going to opt out so another expert can help you.

Expert:  Roy replied 1 month ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

do you still need help??

Roy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

got truck started but doesnt want to open up. only code it showing is a heat sensor code

Expert:  Roy replied 1 month ago.

ok, do you have the code number????

Roy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

changed coolant sensor and it seams to be better but it threw a code showing a misfire condition. ill check distributor cap tomorrow to see if it dhows signs of crossfire

Expert:  Roy replied 1 month ago.

ok, and the code number????