TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2004 Chevy Avalanche intermediate column problem. Clunking

Customer Question

2004 Chevy Avalanche intermediate column problem. Clunking sound. Been reading this is a common problem with them. How much to fix problem? Also guy told me Avalanche battery was drained, he put a new battery in. The airbag light is on how much to analyze this, does it need to be reset?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** clunking is a vry common problem in these, and it requires you pull off the coupler at the gearbox and lube the slide, we usually charge 40 dollars to this at my shop, are you planning on fixing this your self?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If that doesn't solve it? Is this a underlying issue. How much to replace the column.
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 6 months ago.

this should fix it, we do alot of them, the design from the factory did not allow enough clearance, usually lubing it should last along time, I did mine 4 years ago, and it has not returned,Tim

Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 6 months ago.

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim