Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Security lockout won't reset, 2007 silverado LT, resetting

Customer Question

security lockout won't reset
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2007 silverado LT
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: resetting the security by turning on acc. for 3 consecutive 10 min. period
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it has an aftermarket auto starter
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: no 4 clicks and the doors lock
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

i am sorry for the long wait

this engine will not physically crank over at all ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No the starter won't engage, I have an aftermarket auto starter, that I bought with the truck so I don't know the make/model of it. After I reset the security lock, 10 min with key in acc position 3 times. The truck will still not engage the starter, I have to press and hold auto start and wait for the dash lights come on then go out, before the truck will start,
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

when the key is held to crank do you feel the starter or crank relay in the under hood fuse box click with your fingers at all ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No there's no response, only when I use the FOB for remote start does the relays click
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

at this point we will need to get under the drivers side of the dash under the steering column and see how that aftermarket alarm is wired into the stock wiring system

since the remote starter will work and not the key to start it up there is a bad connection where they spliced into the stock wiring or the aftermarket system is causing the issue

its best to get under there and check all the wiring they cut and tapped into if it all looks good disconnect the aftermarket wiring and reconnect the stock wiring all back up and either way it should correct this issue you are having

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here