Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 95 chavy caprice classic and I was driven one day

Customer Question

I have a 95 chavy caprice classic and I was driven one day and hit a pot whole and my car cut off I check my car out and seem it was the fule pump fuse I change it and it started back up but ever time I drive it and hit a bump it cut off and I got to replace it to drive my car and I just been changing them but now every time I put a fuse in and turn the ignition switch on the fuse pop so what do I do to fix it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

the 15 amp fuse called fuel pump in the under hood fuse box is the fuse blowing as soon as you turn the key ON ?

Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

let me know

Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

if that is correct if you remove the fuel pump relay out of the under hood fuse box will that fuse still blow ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

no it will not blow with the fuel pump relay out ?

Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

if that is correct get back under the car and visually check the wiring to and from connector C402 as seen in this picture here

if the wiring looks good unplug that connector if the fuel does NOT blow with it unplugged then the fuel pump itself is blowing the fuse and the fuel tank needs to be removed to replace the fuel pump to correct this issue

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I did take that apart the first time I was try to find out what it was and it still did the same thing blow fuse like crazy like I can drive for a few hours sum time and other times it blow left and right
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

if that fuse blows with that connector unplugged then the grey wire from that connector to the relay is shorted to ground causing this issue if you can not visually find that shorted part of the wire run a new one from the grey wire at the relay to the fuel pump connector 402 in the back

just go to the back of the fuse box and cut that grey wire and shrink wrap it right into the part of the wire you cat going to the relay

dont forget to rate us here

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I pull the relay and it did not pop but I put it back in and it did so what do I do now
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

i thought we went over this already on what to do

get back under the car and visually check the wiring to and from connector C402 as seen in this picture here

dont forget to rate us here

then i sent this

dont forget to rate us here

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Which wire do I cut and run for the fuse box under the hood
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is there only 1 gray wire under their
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

behind the fuse box under the relay it is the grey wire

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I have another problem the fuse next to the 15 amp fuse keep popping every time I start the car what is that
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

i do not know i am focused on the fuel pump fuse first

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The fule pump came on and start up but under the hood the fuse box were the 15 amp fuse is at the fuse next to it keep popping as soon as I start the car up
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

what is that fuse called ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm not sure