Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Power seat just stopped working. Makes clicking noise when

Customer Question

power seat just stopped working. Makes clicking noise when switch is moved so power is getting to it
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Noise is coming from motor... as in its not a power issue because it makes a click when switch is moved. About a week
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2008 impala
JA: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was reading a previous thread where the tech asked if it made a noise... the answer was no so the tech said, remove the seat.... I'm looking for the answer if the seat/motor made a clicking noise
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I checked fuse, and all connections.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer Your input is very valuable so we can pinpoint this problem. When it comes to this type of seat problem I usually remove all 4 seat bolts that hold it down so I may see all thew works and have good access to do my tests. If it clicks as you stated that's a good thing to a piont. after you get access to the underneath , check both sides of the track for any obstruction or jamming. Make up a jumper wire and apply power and ground directly to the motor to see if it operats. After you do this get back to me with your results.

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 30 days ago.

you there?