GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

What tools do I need to remove the bolts? It was suggested

Customer Question

Hi Eric, what tools do I need to remove the bolts? It was suggested in another site to use a we- wrench for the bottom bolt?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hi how are you

which Bolt are you removing the Crankshaft Bolt ?

CRANKSHAFT BALANCER REMOVAL PROCEDURE TOOLS REQUIRED ^ J 24420-B Crankshaft Balancer Remover ^ J 29113 Crankshaft Balancer Installer

1. Remove the serpentine drive belt. Notice: The inertial weight section of the crankshaft balancer is assembled to the hub with a rubber type material. The correct installation procedures (with the proper tool) must be followed or movement of the inertial weight section of the hub will destroy the tuning of the crankshaft balancer. 2. Raise and suitably support the vehicle. 3. Remove the right front tire and wheel. 4. Remove the right engine splash shield. 5. Remove the crankshaft balancer bolt and the washer.

6. Remove the crankshaft balancer. Use the J 24420-B.

1. Apply sealant to the keyway of the balancer. Use sealant GM P/N 12345739 or equivalent. 2. Install the crankshaft balancer. Use the J29113. 3. Remove the J29113.

4. Install the crankshaft balancer washer and the bolt. ^ Tighten the crankshaft balancer bolt to 103 Nm (76 ft. lbs.). Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions. 5. Install the right engine splash shield. 6. Install the right front tire and wheel. 7. Lower the vehicle. 8. Install the serpentine drive belt.

Please let me know if that is your question

Thank You

Chad Farhat