Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

2010 Acadia P069E code. it says its the fuel pump module. do

Customer Question

2010 Acadia P069E code. it says its the fuel pump module. do you know what needs to be replaced? is the module apart of the pump? we just replaced the Purge vent on top of the fuel tank with the updated harness and the purge solenoid because it was giving the Purge code prior but now it has the P069E code
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: original, it has 165000 kms on it
JA: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, my tech and I. Purge solenoid and the Purge vent on the tank with the new harness connector. after changing, the purge code went away but now P069E code comes up. The vehicle runs fine though
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 month ago.

Hi there.

The fuel pressure control module (FPCM) requests this code to be set when it detects the fuel pump circuit is out of specs. In most cases, this is caused by either a bad connection/wiring or a worn fuel pump motor.

If the code came up immediately after working on or near the fuel pump connector, then I would check that first. If OK, then I would replace the fuel pump.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards.