sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My crossover's audio system pops and cut off, the radio or

Customer Question

my crossover's audio system pops and cut off, the radio or plinker or cant talk on the phone. does not do it all the time. some time off for 10 min or some time 2. I took it to the geek squad at best buy and he told me it was not my radio or amp, that it was a problem with a data cable. I took it to the dealer and it is still there and they said they could not find anything, but they will charge me 125.00 for checking it out I need to know if anyone else have had this problem my car is a 2009 travese
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric Gardner replied 1 month ago.

Hello, does the popping only happen if you have an external device attached by cord or bluetooth?

In other words, does the radio sound work without any popping noises?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No the popping happens when car is off or on. My issue is that the sound goes out . When there is no sound I can't talk on phone through the system blinker sound does not work. Some times it out for a few minutes or a few hours and the dealership says they can't find anything wrong

Sorry for the late reply, I though I had an answer for you, but it turns out the problem is a new one to me. I am going to send this back out on the board for someone else to answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The issues is definitely related to the amp. Sound is being lost because the amplifier isn't producing it, whether the issue is with the amp itself or a loss of power or ground to it.

The first thing that will need to be done is check for fault codes and from there it will take some testing at the time the problem is happening to know exactly what is going on. It's possible that the amp is losing a power or ground feed and they would need to be tested at the time the problem is happening, but odds are the problem is in the amp itself.