GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 2009 LT V6 has been running different since Jan 2016, I

Customer Question

My 2009 LT V6 has been running different since Jan 2016, I looked at the dealerships invoices and it has been putting 10W30 in instead of the 5W30.I have 100k miles so I like to switch to the synthetic. It worked for my 1997 Malibu V6 that I bought in 1997 and turned in to get this one. Is the unsteadiness and different feel of the motor from having the wrong oil?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Do you work or represent Chevy dealerships?
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: Yesterday
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Are you a chevy representative?
JA: No. I'm the Chevy Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: Good because I do not trust a dealership nor GM. I have had issues since I have had this car that I have had to deal with them. I am looking for someone to help get the right oil back into my car so I can see if will run like it did prior to January 2016. The background is that this dealership changed the oil a couple of times before in January 2016 my car had an issue that I still don't understand, but the oil went all over my engine, into my spark plugs, intake manifold, and fuel injectors. All had to be either cleaned or replaced along w/all new gaskets and belts.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also have something going on with a rim. This is the second set of tires that can't be balanced. I have a shake at 55-60MP
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

have you called and notified them it was the wrong oil ? and it should be 5W30 ?

Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

did they say you have a bent rim ?

are these tires new ?