Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

No power to fuel pump or relay, yes, 1999 k3500, diesel,

Customer Question

no power to fuel pump or relay
JA: Have you checked all the fuses?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 1999 k3500, diesel
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses, check power to fuel pump none, run wires from battery to pump nothing, check orange wire to relay in fuse panel with key nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did a lot of work to this vehicle. I chipped the rust off the frame with a needle gun, painted two coats of POR15, sprayed POR15 primer, sprayed with chassis paint and under coated with wax
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Did I understand correct you remotely powered the pump and it still would not run?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

At the pump if the black/white wire is a good ground and powering the gray wire does not result in the lift pump running then the pump is faulty.

Is ECMB 20 amp fuse under the hood good, this powers the pump relay.

At the PCM connector 1 pin D8 dark green/white wire is this powered with the key on, it is the power signal to the pump relay.

Here is a wire diagram. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/k3500.pdf

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris