david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

How do I deactivate the factory alarm on... How do I

How do I deactivate the factory alarm on...
How do I deactivate the factory alarm on 2000 tahoe. I removed the chip reader years ago and have aftermarket alarm but truck reset itself after having no power and now will not start or activate fuel pump when key is turned

Hi again, let s see if i can get a reset for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay I'd appreciate it. it's not engaging the fuel pump when the key is turned and the only difference since I've had power back to it is the stock alarm goes off when I unlock the truck via the aftermarket alarm. Dont know if chevys alarms kill fuel and spark? I don't know if that's the problem or not but that's where I'm at right now

Normally, you would insert the key in
the drivers door, turn left, then right
to disarm and reset it. If yours is malfunctioning,
you can disable it for good by doing the following:

The FACTORY ALARM DISARM WIRE IS
lt.green |-|in the drivers kick,
Also found in the purple plug of the BCM.
The BCM is located behind the drivers side
of the dash. The plugs on the BCM face
towards the rear of the vehicle.

Once Located, splice into this wire with
a simular guage wire, and put it to
a solid chassis ground. This terminates
the alarm functions entirely.

do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm still not getting the fuel pump on when I turn the key and still no start when I bypass the relay to make the pump come on so I'm kinda lost
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to give you good rating but it's not giving me the option right now

you can give me a good rating. and ill continue to help you figure this out. thanks

do you have an aftermarket stereo?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have an aftermarket stereo it's currently disconnected right now and I only had it tapped into grnd,12v, and accessory at the dash no speaker wires since I was using a 4 channel amp in the back

when people install aftermarket stereo that tap into the k line to the dlc. which causes all kinds of problems.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I used a factory harness adapter so should only of tapped stock locations for the radio and has been in there for 6 years maybe more
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would a problem likely arrise out of nowhere with a truck that hasn't moved in 8 months?

mouse chewings

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Haha nope no rats on the property and my truck is always sealed up.. what could cause no fuel pump when the key is turned and I'm assuming no spark. I tested the fuel pump relay for incoming signal when the key is turned and it's not getting anything

ill need to pul a print. ill get back with you in about an hour. im going home. ive had it with this shop today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Haha no worries take your time

heres a print of the fuel pump circuitry.