Steve, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase master tech over 25 years

I have a 2008 chevy avalanche and i am trying to use the

Customer Question

i have a 2008 chevy avalanche and i am trying to use the buttons to open my 2013 chamberlain myq garage door opener hd930dev so i dont need the remote that came with it. I have tried many methods to connect but no of them work. How can I get this to work without getting a new car or opener?
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 7 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer. Be right back...

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 7 days ago.

Thanks for holding!

I have a procedure to program the garage door opener that you can try. I've wrapped it into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF file here:

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
it didnt work. 3 lights by each button just flashed rapidly after about 40 seconds but button is not programmmed. any other ideas?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 days ago.

My apologies for the delay... I was Offline when your reply came though...

Unfortunately, this was the only programming procedure I could find for this vehicle. I will opt-out and re-open your question to other Techs. Maybe someone has a different method you can try!

Expert:  Steve replied 6 days ago.

Sorry the other expert could not help you. try this link and let me know if it works for you.

You do need to figure out if you have a rolling code transmitter or not. Most newer door openers since 1990 are rolling code transmitters.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i tried this one as well without luck. i don't think I have a homelink since my 3 buttons each have an indicator light nor do I have the house icon on the middle button. my avalanche is 2008 and my 2013 garage is definitely rolling code.
Expert:  Steve replied 4 days ago.

That is very possible your Avalanche does not have that option

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It worked at my previous home with a rolling garage code