Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Just finished talking to you, back to the same problem after

Just finished talking to you, back to the same problem after replacing the CKP Sensor connecter the engine ran for about 5 minutes before we are right back to the same problem no spark

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

ok

if it kept the spark for 5 minutes this time..i still think the problem is in the wiring at the crank sensor..you may need to trace it all the way back to the computer..

a wiring problem can be really hard to find

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Anyway to tested at the PCM side
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Or do you know the pins that go to the crank sensor so that we could just cut them out add new line the way through
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just tryin to save time at this point figured be easier to go the pins on the computer side and cut out the cable add new all the way back to the crank sensor

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/noy51z63giqtiqt/1018-03chevy-Diagram%201.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/noy51z63giqtiqt/1018-03chevy-Diagram%201.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will a Short and Open Circuit Finder and Tracer help me find the problem with the crank sensor

you may need to change the wire harness to the crank sensor,,to be honest a intermediate wiring problem can be really hard to find

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You mean the whole wiring harness that routes to that side of the engine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where would I find the whole wiring harness do you have a part number

the wire harness to the crank sensor

sorry i dont have a part# ***** this..your chevy dealer should be able to get it for you

thanks