Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

Maybe just a big coincidence... I notice last night driver's

Customer Question

Maybe just a big coincidence... I notice last night driver's side headlight was out on 2008 Equinox. I replaced both sides earlier today so they match. Made one errand and a friendly guy said both brake lights were out but not the third middle light. I confirmed this when I got home. The driver's side had just been replaced within the last 5 months. I watched the mechanic do that one and he struggled a bit getting the assembly out.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: two breaks were replaced just about 6 weeks ago, forget if it was front or rear but I think it was front.
JA: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would attempt the bulb replacement myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Could brake fluid affect the lights? Brakes seem to work fine.
Submitted: 2 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 days ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 2 days ago.

brake fluid will not effect the lights at all

with the 3rd brake light working fine the odds are just the rear bulbs went bad these are common for bad connections in sockets for the bulbs and when one goes out usually it will change the resistance of the brake bulb circuit and cause the other side to go out shortly after

replacing both rear bulbs and adding each connector with some dielectric grease should solve this problem

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer