Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I need to do my inner tie rod ends on my 2008 Impala LS. Do

I need to do my inner tie rod ends on my 2008 Impala LS. Do I need to lower the subframe to do this? I've seen instructions that state you must lower the subframe to get access, I think to make space for a tool to hold the rack when taking screwing off the tide rod end to make sure you don't damage the rack. Is there a way to do this without messing with the subframe?

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Tom,

GM calls for removing the rack and pinion , trying to do it with the sub frame in place dose not give you the clearance you need. Your choices are either you remove the rack or drop the sub frame. See GMs steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Inner%20tie%20Rod%20Oct%2017.pdf

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What would you do, lower the frame, or remove the rack entirely?

I would lower the frame , you can usually get just enough clearance to get it off with out removing the rack