Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

We have a 2007 chevy suburban and have replaced our brake

We have a 2007 chevy suburban and have replaced our brake sensor switch and the cruise control is still intermittent. What other problems could it be?
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: What fuses do we need to check and it has a 5,3
JA: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes we replaced the brake sensor position switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: N0

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Normally the switches in the steering wheel or the clock spring are to blame for intermittent operation of the cruise control. A volt ohm meter can be used to diagnose this system when not working at all. For an intermittent concern the switches, BCM and ECM need to be monitored with a scan tool using freeze frame data. Do you have access to a scan tool?

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris