david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

I have codes co237.co242,co246,co251 and co252.on my 2004

Customer Question

Hi. I have codes co237.co242,co246,co251 and co252.on my 2004 surburan Lt2500 6.0 litet.gas. could you give me all factories repair recommened on all please with description ?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: All of them.
JA: What is the model of your '04 Chevy?
Customer: Surburan Lt2500 v8 6.0 4wd
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I gad at gmc dealer in phoenix yesterday. I had to ask for codes. They wanted ti dtart with ecmb 800.00 plus
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well drawing battery dead.my remote alame shot.im on road away home.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2004 surburan Lt2500.5 codes
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David. please allow me some time to get that information for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

C0237 CHEVROLET - Erratic Rear Speed Signal

Possible causes - Faulty Rear Speed Sensor - Rear Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted - Rear Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection - Faulty EBCM

C0237 Chevrolet Description As the wheel spins, the wheel speed sensor produces an Alternating Current (AC) signal. The Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) uses the frequency of the AC signal to calculate the wheel speed.

C0242 CHEVROLET - Engine Control Module Indicated Traction Control Malfunction

Possible causes - Faulty Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) - EBCM Harness is open or shorted - EBCM Circuit poor electrical connection - Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
C0242 Chevrolet Description When traction control is active, the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). sends a serial data message to the Engine Control Module (ECM) requesting torque reduction. When certain ECM DTCs are set, the ECM will not be able to perform the torque reduction for traction control. A serial data message is sent to the EBCM indicating that traction control is not allowed.

C0246 Possible causes - ABS actuator - SRRR or SRRH circuit
C0246 Chevrolet Description This solenoid is turned on in accordance with signals from the skid control ECU and controls the pressure on the wheel cylinders to control the braking force. The solenoid and solenoid relay are built into the ABS and TRACTION actuator.

C0251 EBCM detects internal malfunction.

C0252, EBCM Control Valve Circuit

you need a new EBCM sounds like bud

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating if you were satisfied with my answer. I hope I was able to provide you with the information to point you in the right direction. thanks and have a good weekend

hello????