Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

My cruise control is not working.When i press the switch on

Customer Question

my cruise control is not working.When i press the switch on the steering the yellow light comes on but when i try to engage the cruise control nothing happens.
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: is there a fuse for the cruise control?
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: Cobalt LT 2009
JA: Are you fixing your Cobalt yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the lights in the upper bar and all 3 seem to be o.k.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i changed the brake switch on the pedal a few weeks ago does it come from there?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

is you 3rd brake light working , the one mounted on trunk lid in the middle of the top of trunk lid?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

if the brake light not working the Part # 912 ( Bulb needed) at advance auto parts $4 for the bulb, replace the bad bulbs there will be 3 of them in there .

1- if that don't work , then go to the BCM , internal relay be bad, but not serviceable, so module replacement will be needed if that is the case .

I sent you location picture of the BCM , press on the blue link to view pictures ,there is 2 diagrams , # 7 is the BCM in one & # 8 in the othere diagram , same part just different view of the location of it

2- switches is problem but yours seems to work when press them ,so these should be good .

3- Do an ECM reset , by disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and see if it a matter of resetting the module ,if none the above worked .

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

This the wiring the circuit for your cruise system , i would check all the wires in the circuit and do a continuity test on them

Please let me know if you need anything else

Thank You

Chad Farhat

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8y781flgairr37/1.gif?dl=0

this a link to my drop box for the same circuit diagram in case you can not see it good , so you can zoom in on it

Chad