sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Sometimes it starts and next time it does nothing, Yes, 2005

Customer Question

Sometimes it starts and next time it does nothing
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2005 trailblazer 5.3
JA: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed the starter relay and control panel relay
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Had it to a shop 3 times and they had it for a week it time and for them it started. Just got it back again and drove it to work and when I got in it again wouldn't start it took over 40 mins. Before it started again. It Sat for 3 hours
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

OK. What type of test equipment do you have? Also do you have a solid security light in dash when it wont start?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Does the starter crank the engine and it just wont go? Or is it a click or no sound?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have any testing equipment.no sound. And no on the light
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

without any test equipment it is a shot in the dark and thats not how I work. I will opt out.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's going to take some electrical testing to determine what is causing the problem.

If you hear no noise from the engine compartment then odds are the starter is not being commanded to engage which could be the ignition switch, wiring, the body controller, transmission range sensor, the engine controller may not be awake due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground.

Does the fuel pump run when the key is first turned on at the time it doesn't crank?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just never mind cancel my payment. I just wanted some suggestions of what it my be! Don't contact me pls.

If you don't wish to continue that's up to you.