Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

How do you. Raise the power window driver side on a 1994 G

Customer Question

how do you. Raise the power window driver side on a 1994 G 20 Chevy Van when the motor no longer works. Need to raise the window to replace the motor
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Yes it,s the motor
JA: What is the model of your '94 Chevy?
Customer: I have replaced the window motor before,
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: But the window was up
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Sometimes you can force the window up by lifting up on the window with the trim panel off, but most of the time you will need to remove the window as follows

Remove the door glass as follows:

1. Lower the glass to the bottom of the door and remove the door trim panel.
  2. Remove the door vent/window channel run assembly.

Mask or cover any sharp edges that could scratch the glass.

1. Slide the glass forward until the front roller is in line with the notch in the sash channel.
  2. Disengage the roller from the channel.
  3. Push the window forward, then tilt it up until the rear roller is disengaged.
  4. Place the window in a level position, and raise it straight up and out of the door.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.