Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My daughter has a 2005 Chevy equinox which has >150000 mile

Customer Question

My daughter has a 2005 Chevy equinox which has >150000 mile on it. She told me that the engine shut off after it had been idling for approximately 45 minutes when she put in gear, the engine sputtered and died. She has been unable to restart the engine. The trouble code is Po128 which indicates a thermostat or a bad ECT sensor or both. When the engine cooled she was still unable to start it. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

The thermostat wouldn't cause a no start issue but the ECT could cause engine to flood out and make it run rough so I'd start by replacing the ECT. If it still won't start then try to see if it runs on starting fluid. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.