Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

I want toremove th cluster on my 2014 inpala, lt? Lt, no

Customer Question

I want toremove th cluster on my 2014 inpala
JA: What is the model of your '14 Chevy?
Customer: lt?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Lt
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Great Thank you!

hey how are you

you welcome

Instrument Panel Assembly Replacement Removal Procedure 1. Disable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling See: Air Bag(s) Arming and Disarming > Procedures > SIR Disabling and Enabling.

2. Remove the radio front speaker (2). Refer to Radio Front Speaker Replacement See: Speaker > Removal and Replacement > Radio Front Speaker Replacement.

3. Remove the radio front center speaker (2). Refer to Radio Front Center Speaker Replacement See: Speaker > Removal and Replacement > Radio Front Center Speaker Replacement.

4. Remove the instrument cluster (2). Refer to Instrument Cluster Replacement See: Instrument Cluster / Carrier > Removal and Replacement > Instrument Cluster Replacement.

5. Remove the radio control (2). Refer to Radio Control Assembly Replacement See: Radio/Stereo > Removal and Replacement > Radio Control Assembly Replacement.

6. Remove the bolts (1) securing the left side of the instrument panel to the instrument carrier.

7. Remove the bolts (1) securing the right side of the instrument panel. 8. Remove the bolt (2) securing the inflatable restraint module to the instrument panel tie bar.

9. Remove the instrument panel compartment (3). Refer to Instrument Panel Compartment Replacement See: Glove Compartment > Removal and Replacement > Instrument Panel Compartment Replacement.

10. Remove the instrument panel knee bolster (3). Refer to Instrument Panel Knee Bolster Replacement See: Dashboard / Instrument Panel > Removal and Replacement > Instrument Panel Knee Bolster Replacement.

11. Release the front floor console rear air duct retainer (1). 12. Remove the instrument carrier bolts (2) and (3).

Note: Some of the electrical connections may be forward in the vehicle close to the tie bar and may not be readily visible or easily reached (example: HMI Module connector). 13. With the aid of an assistant, remove the instrument panel and carrier (1) rearward. However, it is not necessary to remove the steering column. The instrument panel and carrier does not need to be moved rearward of the column. 14. Note the location and routing of the instrument panel wiring harness prior to removal to ensure proper installation. Proper installation of the instrument panel assembly will not be possible if the wiring is incorrectly routed. 15. With the instrument panel and carrier pulled rearward, disconnect the instrument panel harness connectors and fasteners connecting the instrument panel assembly to the carrier.

16. With the aid of an assistant remove the instrument panel (1) from the instrument panel carrier.

Please let me know if that is what you looking for

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I remove the air duct on the left of the cluster

sorry don't have anything on that as far as pictures to help you

they should detach from each other

Chad

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician