GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Will not crank, will not shift out of park, power windows

Customer Question

will not crank, will not shift out of park, power windows and locks don't work,key will not turn to the position all the way back to get key out and all was fine after driving and parking it and 4 hours later trying to get in and start
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: steering wheel turns, key is a little worn but works good in ignition , a little sticky in the door lock but works. Also my scanner said it has no codes but it will not communicate with the body control module
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2009 chevy Impala 3500 v-6
JA: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and i have manually shifted the interlock in center console, took the bottom of the column cover off and pushed the unlock to move the key back to the off position and remove the key. I scanned all modules and found low voltage , body control module not communicating
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 days ago.

Hi there.

Battery OK? Have you load test it? Are you getting 12 volts in and out of the ignition switch?