GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Your favorite problem child is back. Question on my 2009

Customer Question

Your favorite problem child is back. Question on my 2009 Silverado with a 4.8 V8 would the Evap Control Valve, if bad, cause Vapor lock in stop and go traffic?
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 7 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 7 days ago.

What is the fault code your getting that makes you think you have a bad EVAP Control valve?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Dont remember as I had it checked by Autozone. Talked with my Brother who said no problem that I could run with a bad EVAP just needed to change it prtior to any emission test. Now when I get into heavy Stop and Go traffic the engine dies. When you try restart immrediatly it appears that the engine is starved for fuel. Wait oh about 15 minuters and the engine start fine.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 days ago.

A bad EVAP Control Valve will not cause the fuel system to vapor lock. Have you checked your fuel pressure while the problem is occurring?