GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2006 chevy Impala. DOOR LOCKS KEEP LOCKING AND UNLOCKING

Customer Question

2006 chevy Impala. DOOR LOCKS KEEP LOCKING AND UNLOCKING WHILE DRIVING. ACCELERATION SEEMS SLUGGISH WHEN THIS HAPPENS. INITIALLY, ONLY HAPPENED OCCASIONALLY, NOW HAPPENS EVERY TIME I DRIVE. WHAT WILL IT COST TO REPAIR?
IS IT DANGEROUS TO CONTINUE TO DRIVE?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and Welcome to JustAnswer!

I am Derek, ASE master certified technician and will be helping you with your question.

Give me a few minutes to look up more information about your concern.

Is your check engine light on?

A scan tool will be needed to read codes from the vehicle to help diagnose the concern.

Once the codes are scanned, then the fault code will need to be properly diagnosed. This is the best option for finding the problem.

I suspect the engine control module is failing and may need to be replaced. This is the most common cause for what you are describing.

For the cost, it depends on what parts will be needed, and the diagnostic time involved. I can not tell you if it is dangerous or not, but if the problem is getting worse, you may get stranded if you continue to drive the car without getting it looked at.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks