Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

2012 Chevy Cruze is idling funky. Throwing up codes

Customer Question

2012 Chevy Cruze is idling funky. Throwing up codes P0106-P0171-P0171B-P1101-P2270 U0121 Changed MAP sensor and seemed to help for a short time, but now back to before.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 14 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 14 days ago.

The common caused for these lean codes to set on the ECO engine is usually caused by the non-return valve (built into the intake manifold) damaging the PCV orifice diaphragm (built into the camshaft cover). The fix which is very common is to replace the Camshaft valve cover. You can check this with the steps in the link below. Check this and see if in fact this is your cause.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
where is the intake vacuum line they are talking about?
Expert:  Ron replied 14 days ago.

The line is the PCV line. See it in the link below.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I found the hose and removed it but am not sure what an intake manifold non-return valve is supposed to look like. There doesn't appear to be anything in the hole but a dirty flat place down inside the manifold. the top port of the valve cover is leaking so I'm pretty certain that is a problem.
Expert:  Ron replied 14 days ago.

See if the service bulletin will help you as it is also related to replace the camshaft cover due to this leak. The place you need to check for leaks is at the PCV valve where it connect at the Cam shaft cover.