Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist

I have replaced the resistor board for the heater fan 3

Customer Question

I have replaced the resistor board for the heater fan 3 times in the last year and now it looks like it's gone bad again. What do u suggest?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am Randall. Only a couple things can cause a resistor to fail over and over, IT would be a blower motor, faulty resistor or a connection problem, You said you did the blower and resistor still is failing, 3-4 resistors? pretty much rules them out so, Even if it looks ok? the plug may noy be making as storng of a connection as needed with high draw from the blower, At this stage? your options are,replace the plug/connector end OR at minimum, get a small tube of dielectric grease from parts store, Squeeze the special grease in all the terminals at the plug, This special grease is designed to make better electrical connections like this. Personally? I would like to see you swap out the plu as well as use the grease. Yes, you can buy just the plug end, Google: 2004 colorado blower resistor plug connector, Chances are failry good the parts store may even have one, I feel connection problem causing high resistance. It really boils down to this , now,, if the last resistor failed before the blower was changed? then the blower may well have been the problem

Please rate my service provided today and thanks, Randall