sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I had my pedal sensor replaced now my gage is not working.

Customer Question

I had my pedal sensor replaced now my gage is not working. The Dealership is telling me the two is not related (after I spent $1k to get it fixed)
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: I don't know the codes, but a new accelerator pedal position sensor (app sensor) was installed.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: Codes at check in PO700, P1125, P2120, P2138
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 2006 chevy equinox
JA: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is at the dealersip for a 2nd time
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Now the dealership is telling me the ipc gage is not working, drive shaft needs to be replaced, lower control alarm is not working and a roof leak. Another $1k
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The instrument cluster would indeed not be related to replacing the accelerator pedal. If the instrument cluster is not working whatsoever then it could be an internal failure in the cluster or a loss of power or ground to it.

Has the problem been diagnosed yet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, that's the problem. It was first the APP Sensor, then water in the headlights. ($1k) 2 days later an IPC gage, drive shaft needs replacement, and lower control alarm. I initially brought it in because car would start but not move. The check engine light was on and the reduced engine power light was on.

Is the instrument cluster completely dead?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know. The dealership still has my car.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The car is now driveable at the moment. It is slow in acceleration and the rpm gage is not working, it stays on 0.

What is the instrument cluster doing other than the tach not working?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have given you all the information I know. Are there specific questions I should be asking the Dealership?

I'm assuming your hope was for a second opinion. To be able to do so I at least need to know what the exact symptoms are. Any test results, fault codes, etc would be helpful.