Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

I'm wanting to buy a 05 dura max from a guy but it doesn't

Customer Question

I'm wanting to buy a 05 dura max from a guy but it doesn't run. He's selling it cheap so that's why I'm here today.Ok the guy told me his oil gauge fell to 0 one day at that point he turned around to take it home.As he drove home no power loss at all just the oil pressure would go up as he accelerated to 40psi. The next morning he started it up to take it in to get it looked at.Oil pressure still at 0 at idle then all of the sudden it shut off never knocked Ping or anything. My question is will it shut off if the pressure too low?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 18 days ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

There is a GM PI for this condition. My concern would be that worst case it needs an engine and the engine is expensive.