GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 98 5.7 vortec silverado that is in great shape I'm

Customer Question

I have a 98 5.7 vortec silverado that is in great shape I'm pretty ocd about it and I'm pretty good with mechanic stuff I am a farmer so I work on a lot of stuff myself but I'm no expert either truck has awesome acceleration and peeks tires on accident sometimes when for the first 10 miles or so ....and then it seems to pooch out on me and lose a lot of its power or acceleration doesn't bog down really ....just doesn't seem to do what it should when u pus the pedal to the floor after its warm I said it runs like it always did when colder ....was gonna get a compression kit and check that but I don't want to buy a shit load of parts thru just kinda guessing
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Cary York replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

I wouldn't worry about compression. Is the check engine light on? How many miles?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
140,000 and yeah it is but code reader only says my 2-3 shift solenoid is reason y it's on
Expert:  Cary York replied 15 days ago.

Sorry I will have to opt out so another expert can help.

Expert:  kalamykid replied 15 days ago.

Do you know what the code number is?