Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Warning lights that can't be rest. headlights are on all the

Customer Question

Warning lights that can't be rest. headlights are on all the time, driving lights do not come on. Sound for open doors and other signals do not work
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2001 Monte Carlo
JA: Are you fixing your Monte Carlo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I purchased an after-market bcm and had it professionally installed and flashed. that did not fix all of these problems
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe I have a short in my audio amp as it drains my battery if I leave the fuse for the system in. so I have the fuse out and have no audio available.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 16 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • I am travelling and on vacation this week but will do my best to get to you when online.
  • BCM failure is one possible cause.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 12 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris