Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

We have had 2 new clutches. 2 flywheels. 2 master cylinders.

Customer Question

We have had 2 new clutches. 2 flywheels. 2 master cylinders. 2 slave cylinders and the lines bled over 8+ times on a 2006 cobalt SS with a new engine put in back in March. The car has virtually had to be towed every time it's driven due to inability to shift or loss of hydraulic pressure while driving. It has been to 4 mechanics including the dealership and no one can find the problem They state not transmission or engine related.. At wits end. Help!
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
After market parts have been used both times. 2nd flywheel machined by chevy. All mechanics state after market parts have never caused this issue in their experience and they have NEVER seen this before.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. I just read your problem and all you have tried.Have you tried a leak down test for the hydrolic system?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Was told by each mechanic no signs of leaks. However not sure they did an actual rest for them. Was told all 4 mechanics tried " everything they could possibly think of". All day no sign of fluid leak. But have also read that fluid could b leaking into the slave cylinder internally? That was mentioned to our first mechanic and Chevy whose main answer was. " sell the car it will just bleed you dry". Almost all the internal parts are brand new. Just this one problem that can't seem to be resolved.

Would you like to do a phone chat that may help solve this issue? It's your choice.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No. Thank you.
One suggestion was a pinched or crushed hose but I would think that would be noticed when bleeding the system. And I would think Chevy would have checked everything completely since they said the car needed a second new clutch. Due to Chevy parts cost we again chose aftermarket parts which they wouldn't guarantee the work on and seemed uninterested when the problem wasn't resolved. Very disappointing. It would seem the only choice left is to sell a car that is practically new internally for no where near what has been put into it or pull the transmission and try one more time to see and fix the problem... If it can be fixed.

Wait you don't need to go that drastic , I have some alternatives for you .If you don't want to chat via phone I can send you some info from others that had that same problem and solved it .

If you would like to request premium service I can send you every thing you need to solve this

and it won't cost you an arm and leg to boot!