kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I have a 1994 suburban k1500. I changed the engine out about

Customer Question

I have a 1994 suburban k1500. I changed the engine out about 7000 miles ago. New distributor, module, IAC, EGR, starter, battery. It has 2 problems. After it's warmed up n I drive it, if I turn it off it won't start for awhile. It'll click n n turn very slow n eventually you have to wait awhile for it to start. Second thing is when it in gear n foot on the brake at stop lights it has a stumble to it. If it's in park or nuetral it sounds fine. Please help, sorry I'm tight on money, mom has serious health issues
Category: Chevy
Expert:  kalamykid replied 2 months ago.

Both of these are really easy to fix. The starting problem will be due to the bushings in the starter. If you replace the starter your problem should go away. As for the stumble, this is going to be a bad plug wire or a bad cap and rotor button. You will also want to replace the plugs just to make sure you get a good spark in the cylinders.