cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified ASE Technician With 35 years experience
36867192

Im having a similar issue that whenever it rains or when I

Customer Question

Hello so im having a similar issue that whenever it rains or when I start my car in the mornings, the back speakers only work and the front one are very low the chimes make a different sound, then after I drive for an hour they all go back to normal. When I park in direct sunlight it works fine.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes I replaced it a couple years ago and the headlight turn on.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2009 2lt with 6speed front drive.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do what my knowledge reaches I have done oil changes and changed spark plugs.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 month ago.

Most likely this is a complex problem requiring a professional, water seems to be the trigger so I would suspect some sort of rodent damage to the wiring.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you think it could be the wires. Today parked my car under a tree in 70' weather and sun shining and when I started it up just the bacm speakers worked then drove it about 8min and everything worked this is the same issue I have everyday. So do you think I can trace where the radio wires go to and see if anything might be damaged. I live in an area not to common for rodents.

Mice are everywhere , regardless of where you live, the issue is a short circuit of the wiring for the radio components not just the speakers but the radio, the amplifier if you have one, and the speakers including all wiring between the components, you have also stated it is affecting your headlights which are a completely different circuit from the radio indicating the problem is very complex and will require complete inspection of all wiring on the vehicle especially where there is a potential for water intrusion to occur such as the trunk ,under the hood ,around all window and windshields. Then you have the chime issue and it will require inspection of the wiring under the dash.

when so many different electrical circuits are involved it usually turns out in my experiences to be rodent damage.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh ok as to the headlights I was referring that they work fine when I was asked about them. The only issue is with the front speakers/chimes not working the way they should due to weather.

Please rate my service, if you have additional questions i will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.