cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I have a 2006 chevy tahoe z71 with the np8 transfer case. I

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2006 chevy tahoe z71 with the np8 transfer case. I had someone pull out in front of me and had to hit the brakes pretty hard the truck stopped fine but after letting off of the brakes and reapplying at the next light thenough pedal went to the floor. It has newer brake lines and upon inspection it is leaking heavily from the abs pump under the left side of the truck. Had a few mechanics look at it and everyone is lost. Code c0131 lossd of pressure is the only code. Can these pumps Crack? Is there a dump valve that can be actuated with a snap-on modish? Any help would be awesome. Thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 months ago.

there is not a dump valve and yes the pump can crack can you see the fluid leaking

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah the whole outside of the pump is soaked lines are tight and barely a year old
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 months ago.

sounds like a seal in the pump busted was the pump replaced of just the lines

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No pumps original. lines are new
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah I could understand that but how would the fluid get out? I could see how that would leak inside itself but the lines are tight so my thinking is there a dump valve or can they Crack cause noones ever seen one crack before.?.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 months ago.

i have seen a couple crack it dose not happen to often let me make sure but im pretty sure that there is not a dump valve but i may wrong

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 months ago.

i do apologize there is a dump valve and it can be accessed with a scanner

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok and that dumps out side of the pump?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 months ago.

yes it dose more then likely it stuck open

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 months ago.

if you need anything else please let me know and be sure to rate my service when you get the chance