cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

2000 Chevy Blazer. There is a mechanical relay switch that

Customer Question

2000 Chevy Blazer. There is a mechanical relay switch that clicks on-off almost constantly while driving. It is in the same area under the dash that the turn signal sound comes from -- exactly the same sound, same location, but it clicks even when the turn signal is off.
It was infrequent / irregular when I first got the blazer a month ago. Getting worse, now clicks almost constantly -- except I noticed it stops when brake pedal is depressed. Connected to the brake light?
When I turn on the left turn signal, the clicking doesn't change, and keeps going when the left turn signal is turned off. When I turn on the right turn signal, the clicking goes a little bit faster, returns to the "normal" speed when right turn signal is off.
I haven't checked specifically, but I believe all of the external signal lamps are working as expected.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 8 months ago.

sounds like the hazard light switch is going bad its a common problem in chevy's if you need anything else please let me know and be sure to rate my service when you get the chance