Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Electronic shift 4l80e went into 4wd wont come out. front

Customer Question

electronic shift 4l80e went into 4wd wont come out . front actuator stays in the engaged position , hit button can hear click under dash no change in 4wd wiggle pig tail at actuator plunger goes back in 2wd position plug pig tail all the way in plunger goes back out and stays
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: click sounds like its comming from control module got actuator back in and pulled fuse so the front diff is not engaged
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 98 k2500
JA: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and tried a new actuator is not problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: problem first occurred when i tried to engage 4wd it blew tcase fuse replaced fuse went into and out of 4wd fine 3 days later engaged 4wd and it would not disengage
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Do you understand wire diagrams and wire testing?

Do you have a scan tool?

So far a faulty encoder or a wire short looks to be to blame in this case.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.