TODD RUZICKA
TODD RUZICKA,
Experience:  Service Consultant at Main Motor Chevrolet
95998009

Hal, I have a 2011 chev sil. 3500 with a factory brake

Customer Question

hello hal, I have a 2011 chev sil. 3500 with a factory brake controller which I loss power to that trailerbrakes aren't working have no power .cant seem to fine fuse
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: seems lost completly
JA: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes trying myself but cant fine fuse of circuit breaker
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I had it two weeks ago when I used the trailer
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 2 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help you. Sounds to me something most likely blew one of the three fuses for the trailer brake control system. The fuses are located in the under hood fuse panel. Is this a gas or diesel truck?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Diesel

Got it, thanks. Check fuse #19 (TBC) Trailer Brake Control, #40 MISC IGN, and #58. Check these ones first and le me know what you find please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok all three fuses ok

Ok, With the key on / engine off, with the brake applied, you have no power to the 7 prong connector trailer brake feed terminal? Is that correct? Does the trailer brake controller seem to power up ok?

I found another fuse to check...#63

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Found the 63 fuse to be bad and will have to buy another one and fine out if that's fixes the problem. I will let you know tomorrow as its to late to get one today. Thank you

Great! I'm very confident that is your issue. However, buy a couple (in case you need them for diagnostic purposes), hook up your trailer and test it out. You might have a short in the trailer braking system on the trailer. Have a great night and let me know if I can help in the future. Thanks again for the question!!