cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified ASE Technician With 35 years experience
36867192

I have a 2013 Malibu. The instrument cluster has gone dark

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Malibu. The instrument cluster has gone dark and no gauges are working. It had a few times while driving that all the lights would come on for a second and then go back to normal while all other car functions kept working. The only other thing i notice is the outside temperature is also not working on the radio display which is still on. All fuses are good and i tried replacing the panel dimmer switch to see if that was the issue. Looking to see what direction to go now.
Thanks Chris
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 5 months ago.

unfortunately these instrument clusters are non serviceable, and require programming after installation first step would be to take it to GM Dealer to attempt reprogramming, if that fails it would most likely be replaced under your warranty. Please rate my service, if you have additional questions i will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please rate my service, if you have additional questions i will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.