GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

P0698 p0107 p2564 u0100. Just replaced van position sensor

Customer Question

P0698 p0107 p2564 u0100. Just replaced van position sensor and some glow plugs now I'm limping
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Could those codes be triggered by a badvane position sensor or glow plugs
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 06 Silverado 3500 duramax
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the vane position sensor last week and the truck ran great. It is not a gm sensor though and I'm suspicious. While I was doing that I also replaced glow plugs 5 and seven. Now I'm getting the codes all of th sudden today. At first I could clear them. Now they're there with the engine off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 22 days ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.

what are the code numbers you are getting?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
P0107 p0698 p2564 u0100 p0700
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 21 days ago.

Ok so you have a problem not with that sensor but the 5 volt reference voltage that comes from the ECM. There are 3 different feeds and your issue is with #3. It sends 5 volts to the Map sensor(boost sensor), vane position sensor, EGR and the throttle pedal. What you need to do is clear codes, unplug each of these at a time and see if the other codes go away. If you have a scanner, you need to watch the #3 5V reference voltage and see what it shows. We have seen issues with the throttle pedal on this but it could be a short in the system or any of the sensors.