Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I have a 1975 corvette stingray and I'm trying to remove the

Customer Question

I have a 1975 corvette stingray and I'm trying to remove the fuse panel. I removed the 2 screws shown but I still can't remove panel. Any suggestions ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

I will see what I can find, but isn't this fuse panel on the firewall and if so, normally you have to separate the 2 halves as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The fuse panel is high under the dashboard on the inside and very hard to access.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

It's on the firewall, correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here's a pic of the fuse panel, on the inside upper left side of dash board.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

They were 2 photos of the same thing, what about a photo of the half under the hood?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had no idea there was part of the fuse panel under the hood. Where would it be located and can I get at it ? I've looked under the hood many times but I've never seen anything that resembles a fuse panel.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

It's at the very same spot. Like I said, there are 2 halves and you normally have to separate the 2 halves.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

Look under the hood, there is usually one bolt right in the middle of that box. Loosen it all the way and now try again to remove the 1/2 from under the dash.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, I've found the part of the fuse panel under the hood I just haven't located the bolt yet but I'll continue searching. I'll let you know if/when I'm successful.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

Ok, look in the center of it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay I found the bolt, now I have to find a socket to fit it.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

Don't be surprised if that bolt don't come all the way out, just loosen it up all the way though and then try again to separate the 2 halves and remove the inner half.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, I may have to get back to you tomorrow because it's going to get dark here pretty soon but I'll certainly pay you as you've been very helpful.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

Dark? Already? Wow, I am going outside myself to work on my Chevelle, cause I know here on the east coast usa it don't get dark till around 7 pm or so. Anyhow, I think you will get it apart now.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

I see you continue to visit this page. I haven't said anything new, cause I thought you said you were quitting for today, unless you did decide to work some more, did you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did quit for the day and am very satisfied with your response. I didn't actually get the two pieces separated yet but tomorrow's another day.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

ok

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi,Actually I do have another question dealing with my original question about my 1975 Corvette Stingray fuse panel. I received excellent service but when I got the two pieces separated, I found out the under the hood section of my fuse panel appears to be broken in 3 - 4 pieces. I've searched all over the internet and cannot find this fuse panel available for sale anywhere. My question is ,' Does anyone know where I can purchase this fuse panel or is it possible to repair this panel ?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

Repair it, I doubt it. Try ebaymotors or car-part.com for a used one.

http://www.ebay.com/motors and http://car-part.com/

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

Here are quite a few,

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

Now this is twice I answered your question. Please rate me well now.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

So that's it? JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.