GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

During the middle of a turn to the left my Trailblazer SS

Customer Question

During the middle of a turn to the left my Trailblazer SS shut completely off, and the stability track error appeared on the screen. The light symbol for it came on as well. The main check engine light came on too as did another larger check engine light with an arrow pointing downward. After I came to a rolling stop I tried to start the engine. It would turn over like it was getting plenty of charge, but no fuel. After letting the vehicle sit for probably 30 minutes, it finally cranked; however, it was not running properly. When I would press the accelerator, it would try to die. Was able to drive it next door to a auto parts store, and they connected a code reader to it, and it basically pointed towards the ECM. The guy there cancelled out the errors, and the vehicle started right up and ran fine. Two days later it would not crank once again. Any ideas what could be causing this?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It would stay on.
JA: What year is your Trailblazer?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yeah, I was wanting to. I bought a code reader (scan tool) and checked it last night in my garage, and the codes were P2101 Throttle Actuator Position Performance and P1682 Ignition 1 Switch Circuit 2. The regular check engine light was the only one turned on. Also, the stability trak error has not appeared since the guy cleared those errors. Today I disconnected the negative side of the battery and then turned on the ignition for two minutes. Then I turned the ignition back off and reconnected the battery terminal.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't guess so.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 23 days ago.

Good morning, I am Cam.
On your vehicle there are 2 issues here. First is the P2101, for that we need to replace the throttle body to correct. That you can easily do on your own.
the P1682 is a different matter. Let me get a schematic and diagnostic for it to see what all we are looking at.

Ok this is likely a bad relay or contact. Its the IGN 1 relay. I would replace that first and see what that does. The p2101, lets fix the relay first.