JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

2009 Chevy cobalt- strong smell of gasoline & when it has

2009 Chevy cobalt- strong smell of gasoline & when it has sat all day at work or overnight I went to start it & it didn't catch the 1st time. I then started it again - it was fine. The strong smell of gas I've never had before, then the not catching started the same time. What could this be? Check engine light not on.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. where is the fuel smell coming from

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Coming from the whole car. You can walk by it n the whole car smells like gas. First couple days the inside smelled of it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No don't call. I have to save the money just to get car fixed. But if I knew what to look for it would be easier.

you need to check the fuel system front to back...if the leak is that strong it should be easy to find..check the fuel tank and fuel lines even the injector orings

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would that make it catch on starting the first time? I just don't want to come out for work n it not start one day.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still there?

if it is losing fuel pressure yea

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK thank you very much

hope you can rate my service 5 star