Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

A 2002 alero ecotech 2.2liter engine has been modified. It

Customer Question

A 2002 alero ecotech 2.2liter engine has been modified. It was a 4 cylinder turned into a 6 cylinder. What kinds of timing, firing, or fuel injectorproblems could it cause?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Matt replied 22 days ago.

if the car was previously a 4 cylinder engine and the v6 has been fitted then you would need to also replace the engine ECU, engine wiring loom and possibly the fusebox too

changing the ECU for another part type is not trivial as this will also need the involvement of the dealer to recode the security module and body control module to communicate with the engine ECU

if all of this has been done then

Expert:  Matt replied 17 days ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you