Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Have a 2000 s10 with the 4.3, the truck died while running.

Customer Question

Have a 2000 s10 with the 4.3, the truck died while running. What I don't understand is the high beam indicator comes on and it looses running power. I can turn the headlights on and switch from high to low beam with key off, when I turn the key on all the guages light up, the fuel pump turn on as well as electric fans, but will not send power to turn the truck over. The headlights will not come on as well with the key on.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your S10 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yrs, I have replaced the ignition switch, anti theft module, ecm, and had all reprogrammed and new key cut after all that it ran for two days and now back to the same issue
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's everything I know
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 23 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I still need help

Do you have a scan tool to see if there are codes stored in the BCM?

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 20 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris